In this exciting 24 hour hackathon run by Accenture, let your imagination go wild as we explore all things related to the Banking Revolution. Our hackathon is open to all skill levels!
We are excited to host this hackathon focusing on the Banking Revolution.
Banking is currently one of the most innovative industries in technology and we want to see how YOU can use your skills to explore bringing further innovation to this exciting industry! People use their bank several times a day, they enable us to make some of the biggest and smallest decisions in our lives.
The Banking Revolution refers to areas of transformation that could drastically change the way a bank operates internally for its employees or externally for its consumers. Some examples of these innovations include blockchain, FinTech, revolutionising banking apps, client interaction and customer service improvements.
Over 24 hours your challenge is to build a working prototype for the banking industry. What you choose to do, is up to you! The hackathon will conclude with teams presenting their ideas, followed by a cocktail-style celebration.
We will have a team of our experts available for you to bounce ideas off, and offer some moral support.
If you would like to know more about the type of work Accenture is involved within FinTech, checkout our Banking Technology Vision 2019 report or find out more about current banking trends on our Fintech blog.
Keen to get involved? Then why not get a team together and register today. Sign up here before the 18th of November. Teams are selected on a first-come, first-serve basis.
$10,000 in prizes
A Macbook Pro 13 Inch (1.4GHz quad-core processor, 128GB storage, Touch Bar and Touch ID) for each person in the first-place team.
A Zero-X Pro Ascend Full HD Drone for each person in the second-place team.
A $100 JB HIFI Gift Voucher for each person in the third-place team.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
To be qualified to participate in this hackathon, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a current university student.
- Teams must consist of 2–4 members.
- By participating in the hackathon, you consent to your image being used in any promotional or media material for Accenture.
- You cannot be a current employee of Accenture
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or an Australian Permanent Resident.
- You must sign up here before the 18th of November.
Below are the submission requirements for the hackathon.
- At the end of the time period, a working demo and presentation must be ready for the judges.
- All code must be uploaded by the end of the time period to some code repository (such as GitHub). Any submission or adjustment after this time will not be considered.
- Presentations will be 7 minutes long, with an additional 3 minutes for questions from the judges.
- Links for submissions will be provided as we arrive closer to the date.
Recruiting Senior Analyst / Accenture Technology
Managing Director / Accenture Technology
Manager / Accenture Technology
Banking Revolution Relevance
Quality of Application Execution
- Machine Learning/AI
- Social Good